MARCH 16, 2016 @ 7:00 PM in the CRLS FITZGERALD THEATRE (refreshments starting at 6:00 pm in lobby)
“ARE YOU AS SMART AS A CRLS STUDENT?”
A Community Academic Challenge.
- Calling all Cambridge adults to form teams of four to compete against CRLS students in a round-robin game of smarts. Mr. Billy Costa, a Cambridge alum and host of the WGBH-TV “High School Quiz Show”, will moderate.
- This is not a trivia contest but a chance to answer questions about History, English, Math, Science and other high school subjects. See how much you remember from high school.
- Don’t worry, the results will not be announced. Nobody will know how many questions you got wrong or right except you. If you can’t form a team, come and watch or we can put you on a team.
- This contest was first held several years ago and the Police Department captured first place. Will they win again or will the students triumph?
- Student Teams win Prizes: THE FIRST PLACE PRIZE IS $300 with $200 for second place and $100 for third
The contest is being sponsored by the CRLS Alumni Association. There is no registration fee and admission that night is free. Smart food will be served before the contest starting at 6:00 pm and the CRLS Jazz Combo will be performing between rounds.
From Previous Event:
- “It was great fun for all, and wonderful to see so many parts of the Cambridge community come together to participate.”
- “I was a score keeper for the first contest and I was so impressed -bowled over really – by the whole thing. I loved every minute.”